AMD agrees to acquire Xilinx in a $35 billion all-stock transaction

Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 13:57 GMT 

News from IT Home, October 27 A source said earlier this month that AMD is in in-depth talks to acquire Xilinx. Reuters news today, AMD said on Tuesday that it had agreed to buy Xilinx (Xilinx) for an all-stock deal of $35 billion.

AMD plans to close the deal by the end of 2021, with the combined company having 13,000 engineers and following a completely outsourced manufacturing policy, focusing mostly on TSMC for manufacturing.

IT Home understands that Xilinx shareholders can trade one Xilinx common stock share for approximately 1.7 AMD common stock shares under the deal, valuing Xilinx at $143 per share, which is $114.55 from its closing price on October 26. Around 24.8 percent is the premium. AMD shareholders will own approximately 74 percent of the merged group, and the remaining 26 percent will be owned by Xilinx shareholders.